We prefer, but do not require, prior research experience for admission to our M.S. program.
The minimum requirements for graduate admission at the University of Florida include a baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university with a minimum grade point average of 3.0 for all upper division (Junior/Senior) undergraduate work. Please use the “Self-Reported GPA Computation and Worksheet for Graduate Applications” to calculate your junior-senior GPA. Official transcripts must be received from all colleges or universities attended. Please be sure to identify your college major in your personal statement.
Applicants must submit a satisfactory of 300 or above score on the Graduate Record Exam (GRE) general exam. Subject exam scores are not required. The GRE exam must have been taken within the past five (5) years. Applications are evaluated based on an overall assessment of research experience (personal statement and letters of recommendation), undergraduate course load, GPA, and GRE scores.
International students whose native language is not English and who have not studied at an institution in the United States or other English-speaking country for one year or longer must have a score of at least 600 on the written version of the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), or 250 on the computer version of the exam, or 100 on the internet-based TOEFL. The TOEFL exam must have been taken within the past two (2) years. Exemptions to the TOEFL score requirement are granted per University of Florida policy for English proficiency. The university’s TOFEL code is 5812.
Due to the large number of inquiries we receive, we cannot offer an indication of how competitive your application will be before you apply. If you are confident that a completed application will demonstrate exceptional strength as described above, we encourage you to submit your application.
(International applicants: Make sure to read all of the information for Prospective International Students on the Office of Admissions website.)
How to Apply
(1) Complete and submit the online application to the UF Graduate School. This consists of:
Choosing a primary program:
- Degree Goal = “Masters”
- Program of study = “Medical Sciences”
- Program specialization = “Pharmacology”
Note: Program specialization is marked as optional, however this field must be completed in order for the department to associate your application with its concentration.
Writing a statement of purpose:
Describe your career goals and how a M.S. in Medical Sciences with a concentration in Pharmacology is important to achieving those goals.
Filling out the college information and activities section:
Under the “Resume/Other (Optional)” section:
- Use the “Upload Resume” button to upload a CV/resume.
- Use the “Upload Other” button to upload a single Cover Letter document (3 page maximum) that includes:
- a brief overview of your background
- a description of your prior research experience with a focus on your most significant experiences
- your current status (e.g., whether you are currently an undergraduate who is graduating this year, a medical student, resident physician, fellow, graduate student in another program, faculty, etc.)
- your reasons for applying to the program