David N. Silverman, Ph.D.
DR. DAVID N. SILVERMAN
Phone: (352) 392-3556
fax: (352) 392-9696
- B.S., Michigan State University, 1964
- Ph.D., Columbia University, 1968.
- Thesis topic: Nuclear magnetic resonance of solutes in liquid crystal solvents.
- Postdoctoral, Cornell University, 1968-1971, with Professor Harold A. Scheraga on protein structure and folding.
- 1976 – 80 Associate Professor, University of Florida
- 1980 – 99 Professor, University of Florida
- 1986 – 90 Associate Dean for Academic Affairs and Sponsored Programs, College of Medicine, University of Florida
- 1999 – Distinguished Professor Honors
- Teacher of the Year, University of Florida College of Medicine, 1982, 1983
- Basic Research Prize, 25th Anniversary of the University of Florida College of Medicine, 1984
- Member, Physical Biochemistry Study Section, NIH, 1992 – 96
- Co-chair, Gordon Conference on Enzymes, Coenzymes, and Metabolic Pathways, 1995
- Honorary doctorate, Umea University, Sweden, 1997
- Co-chair, International Conference on the Carbonic Anhydrases, 2000
- Vice-chair, Gordon Conference on Isotopes in Biological and Chemical Sciences, 2002; Chair 2004